slider

Image Slider By helperblogger.com The slide is a linking image Pure Javascript. No jQuery. No flash. #htmlcaption

Sunday 6 January 2013

Nikon CLS

Anyone familiar with Nikon camera systems will probably also know of its Creative Lighting System (CLS).  This is a fantastic system.  In simple terms its a wireless lighting system.  The camera takes a light reading (metering) through the lens (ittl) and then sends information to the wireless portable speedlights.  This information sets the output of the speedlights giving a perfectly lit photo.  In theory anyway.  I have recently been playing about with this as my D300 acts as a commander unit and I have an SB-910 and SB-900 flash units.  I recently watched Nikon's DVD, A Hands-on Guide to Creative Lighting.



 In this they introduce and demonstrate their CLS and all the compadable units and then join the fantastic Joe McNally on a number of location shots where he explains what he is doing throughout.  A number of the examples are included in his equally fantastic book, The Hot Shoe Diaries.  The DVD is brilliant.  It is both helpful and imformative.  I have recently been talking to my good friend Gary Boal about setting up a big shot using lots of speedlights and this DVD has done nothing but inspire me even more.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment