slider

Image Slider By helperblogger.com The slide is a linking image Pure Javascript. No jQuery. No flash. #htmlcaption

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Lance is pants!

I have actually not spoken to anyone about this except a passing comment to my wife.  Even as I and type this I still don't really know how to put into words what I really think about it.

I read Lance Armstrong's book, "It's not about the bike" a few years after it was first published.  As you will know from some of my previous blog entries I enjoy sport and I guess I love pushing myself.  Reading Lance's book which covered his fight with cancer and then his come back to cycling and resultant 7 Tour De France wins really inspired me.  I love cycling and mountain biking and road cyclists have always inspired me due to their amazing endurance and stamina.  I loved the book and recommended it to other friends of mine.  I think I even gave my copy to my brother.  I know Lance didn't have a brilliant reputation as far as women went but for his sporting ability and achievements I was in complete awe.  I ignored all of the accusations in the press of his drug taking and doping, I guess I just put it down to jealousy.  People are never happy when other people do well and love to find ways to bring them down.  We can easily put people on pedestals and not want to listen when we hear stories about them that are not good.  Its like when you were a child and putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "I'm not listening!".

 I guess if I'm honest when the truth came out I was upset and even more so when I saw some of the interview he gave and how he showed little or no remorse, basically just justified it because "everyone else was doing it".

For flip sake, what age are you Lance!

Simon

2 comments: